9 Week Placement – 30 hours per week @ $15/hour
Working with the Executive Director of the Community Foundation of Halton North, the Outreach Coordinator will be tasked with executing aspects of both the Community Foundation of Halton North’s fundraising plans and communications plan. This will include event planning for our annual signature fundraising event – a youth concert held at the Town’s Art Centre and engages 100-150 youth; a new video marketing initiative, as well as engaging the public through social media, through traditional marketing avenues, through oral and written communication as well as website management. In addition, the Outreach Coordinator will conduct research, collect and compile data and information to help further the mission and goals of CFHN. This research will also help determine granting potential and opportunities. The Outreach Coordinator will be able to utilize learned skills such as marketing, communications, fundraising and public relations with this posting.
About Community Foundation of Halton North:
Across Canada there are 191 Community Foundations. A growing movement to help good communities get even better. The Community Foundation of Halton North is part of that growing movement. We are a registered public foundation created by and for the people of Acton, Georgetown, Milton and the surrounding areas that make up Halton North. Through the building of permanent endowment funds, the Community Foundation of Halton North will provide grants to support the vibrancy and sustainability of Halton North forever.
- Assists with the planning and management of Community Foundation’s annual fundraising event
- Assists with the preparation and distribution of communications (both print and electronic) to volunteers, donors and other community contacts
- Takes a leadership role in the creation of a video marketing initiative
- Oversees CFHN’s social media marketing plan which includes revising, implementing, monitoring and assessing the plan
- Conducts research and compiles data to help further the goals of the Community
The competencies and qualifications needed:
- A post-secondary student who intends to return to school in the September 2019
- Ability to work during the week (Monday to Friday), with occasional weekend and evening hours based on events and other business needs
- Organized and outgoing with a keen ability to learn quickly
- Strong knowledge of social media
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of WordPress an asset
- 251 Main Street East, Milton, Ontario L9T 1P1
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com referencing the position title in the subject line. Deadline is May 17, 2019.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this opportunity, but only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
For additional information on the Community Foundation of Halton North please visit our website at: www.cfhn.ca.