16 Week Placement – approx. 16 hours per week @ $15/hour July 6, 2020 – October 23, 2020
Working virtually with the Executive Director of the Community Foundation of Halton North, the Outreach Coordinator will be tasked with executing aspects of both the Community Foundation of Halton North’s fundraising plans and communications plans. This will include strategic planning for a signature event to take place later in the year; building on a video marketing initiative, creating a weekly fundraising blog as well as a recurring fundraising Podcast on philanthropy from a youth perspective. The Outreach Coordinator will also engage the public through social media, through traditional marketing avenues, through oral and written communication as well as website management. In addition, the Outreach Coordinator will conduct research, collect, and compile data and information to help further the mission and goals of CFHN. This research will also help determine granting potential and opportunities. The Outreach Coordinator will be able to utilize learned skills such as marketing, communications, fundraising and public relations with this posting.
About Community Foundation of Halton North:
Across Canada there are 191 Community Foundations. A growing movement to help good communities get even better. The Community Foundation of Halton North is part of that growing movement. We are a registered public foundation created by and for the people of Acton, Georgetown, Milton and the surrounding areas that make up Halton North. Through the building of permanent endowment funds, the Community Foundation of Halton North will provide grants to support the vibrancy and sustainability of Halton North forever.
- Takes a leadership role in the creation of a video marketing initiative
- Takes a leadership role in developing and maintain a blog on philanthropy from a youth perspective
- Takes a leadership role in developing and executing a podcast on philanthropy from a youth perspective.
- Assists with the planning and management of Community Foundation’s annual fundraising event
- Assists with the preparation and distribution of communications (both print and electronic) to volunteers, donors, and other community contacts
- Oversees CFHN’s social media marketing plan which includes revising, implementing, monitoring, executing, and assessing the plan
- Conducts research and compiles data to help further the goals of the Community
Canada Summer Jobs Program
- Funding for this position was made possible through the Canada Summer Jobs program. Given this, the position is open to youths between the ages of 15 -30.
The competencies and qualifications needed:
- Ability to work remotely, has access to a computer and internet
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of social media
- Organized and outgoing with a keen ability to learn quickly
- Knowledge of WordPress an asset
- Remotely and when permitted, occasionally at the CFHN offices at 251 Main Street East, Milton, Ontario L9T 1P1
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com referencing the position title in the subject line. Deadline is June 26, 2020. We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this opportunity, but only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
For additional information on the Community Foundation of Halton North please visit our website at: www.cfhn.ca.