Special Events Coordinator
8 Week Placement – 35 hours per week @ $16.50/hour
June 6, 2022 – July 29, 2022
CFHN is hiring for a summer student position.
Working with the Executive Director of the Community Foundation of Halton North, the Special Events Co-ordiantor will be tasked with executing aspects of two events being planned for the Fall for the Community Foundation of Halton North. The first event, Webathon 2022, will be a day long online fundraiser, raising support for local causes and charities while highlighting the importance of philanthropy in the community. Webathon 2021 raised $100,000 in one day. The second event will be Showcase 2022. This event will celebrate CFHN’s grant recipients; demonstrative the variety of CFHN grantees that address local concerns; provide a forum to publicly thank our sponsor/donors; increase CFHN awareness. Event tasks for both events will include marketing and social media marketing and will also include creating video content; the creation of collateral materials to help with communication and marketing initiatives, as well as engaging the public through social media and traditional marketing avenues, by means of oral, written and web-based communication. The Special Events co-ordinator, with supervision from the Executive Director, will also oversee the website management for the online giving portal. The Special Events Co-ordiantor will coordinate with charities, liaise with elected officials, and key leaders in the community. Post-event, the Organizer will survey participants and compile the data to be used in next years’ event. The Special Events Co Ordinator will be able to utilize learned skills such as marketing, communications, fundraising and public relations with this posting.
About Community Foundation of Halton North:
Across Canada there are 191 Community Foundations. A growing movement to help good communities get even better. The Community Foundation of Halton North is part of that growing movement. We are a registered public foundation created by and for the people of Acton, Georgetown, Milton and the surrounding areas that make up Halton North. Through the building of permanent endowment funds, the Community Foundation of Halton North will provide grants to support the vibrancy and sustainability of Halton North forever.
- Takes a leadership role in the creation of a video marketing initiative
- Takes a leadership role in developing and maintain a blog on philanthropy from a youth perspective
- Takes a leadership role in developing and executing a podcast on philanthropy from a youth perspective.
- Assists with the planning and management of Community Foundation’s annual fundraising event
- Assists with the preparation and distribution of communications (both print and electronic) to volunteers, donors, and other community contacts
- Helps with CFHN’s social media marketing plan
- Conducts research and compiles data to help further the goals of the Community
Canada Summer Jobs Program
- Funding for this position was made possible through the Canada Summer Jobs program. Given this, the position is open to youths between the ages of 15 -30.
The competencies and qualifications needed:
- Ability to work remotely, has access to a computer and internet
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of social media
- Organized and outgoing with a keen ability to learn quickly
- Knowledge of WordPress an asset
- Remotely and occasionally at the CFHN offices at 18 Martin Street East, Milton, Ontario L9T 2P0
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com referencing the position title in the subject line. Deadline is May 31, 2022. We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this opportunity, but only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
For additional information on the Community Foundation of Halton North please visit our website at: www.cfhn.ca.