Notice of New Position
Joining the Community Foundation of Halton North (CFHN) opens the door to a career in community service. You make a positive difference in the community because you thrive in providing customer centered service. You operate within a highly ethical environment and will be accountable for going the extra mile, listening to your customers, creatively meeting needs and always being respectful to those you serve. As a result, you will be part of a small strategic team recognized widely for making a difference now and for generations to come.
About Community Foundation of Halton North
Across Canada there are more than 200 Community Foundations. It’s a growing movement to help good communities get even better. CFHN is part of that growing movement. We are a registered public foundation created by and for the people of Acton, Georgetown, Milton and the surrounding areas that make up Halton North. Through the building of permanent endowment funds, CFHN provides grants to support the vibrancy and sustainability of Halton North forever.
Position: Finance and Data Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Milton, Ontario
Compensation: $25 per hour for 20 hours per week
Date of posting: November 21, 2023
Application deadline: December 12, 2023 at 11:59 PM
CFHN is looking for a Finance and Data Coordinator to join our small staff team. This is a new part-time position consisting of 20 hours per week. As work activities permit, you will have the choice to work where you can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals.
This position is responsible for financial administration and data management services. The role assumes primary responsibility for maintaining the organization’s data base system and serves as a resource to the Board of Directors. In addition, this position supports the execution of some communications strategies and ensures consistency with CFHN’s visual identity and brand standards.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary diploma in financial management, business administration, or related field from a recognized institution or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 years of work experience in accounting / legal / financial administration
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Working knowledge of philanthropy data base software systems
- Familiarity with accounting / legal / financial processes and software
- Knowledge of general accounting and budgeting
- Demonstrated success working with a community based, volunteer Board of Directors and volunteers
- Familiarity with Halton’s non-profit, charitable sector
- Experience working with community organizations
- Working knowledge and understanding of federal/provincial legislation affecting charities
- Current knowledge of Canada Revenue Agency rules and regulations pertinent to CFHN
Skills & Attributes
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, demonstrated project management and problem solving experience, an ability to analyze data and trends
- Mature judgement, diplomacy and discretion in the frequent handling of sensitive and confidential material
- Proven ability to organize workload to meet multiple priorities
- Willingness to take direction and flexible with changes in direction
- Proficient in Windows based software including Microsoft Office Applications
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the Executive Director, Treasurer, and Investment Committee Chair to ensure adherence to appropriate investment and management policies and the availability of adequate cash flow for granting purposes
- Monitor the performance of the Foundation’s Investment Portfolio with support from the Investment Committee Chair
- Develop and maintain procedures and work tools to administer the organization’s financial transactions and accounting records
- Administer all financial transactions for CFHN and complete data entry of all financial transactions into CFHN’s philanthropy software (Foundant Data Base system)
- Prepare financial statements, fund statements, statistical reports and annual audit information
- Work with the Investment Committee to develop communications materials specific to CFHN’s stakeholders
- Entry and data management of donors, organizations and community contacts
- Support activities associated with the recognition of donations and gifts
- Provide materials for social media content to CFHN’s contractor
- Monitor and report on comments, trends and issues related to CFHN’s social media platforms
- Perform general office administration activities including banking, mail, purchase of materials and supplies
- Travel will be required, incumbent must provide their own transportation.
- Flexibility in working hours may also be required.
Important information about your application:
- CFHN will accommodate the needs of individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please inform us of the nature of the accommodation(s) you require.
- Please submit your application via email to email@example.com with the subject line Finance and Data Coordinator. We will accommodate individual needs for applicants with disabilities and others who are not able to apply online. If you experience any issues with submitting your application, please contact our Executive Director at 905-864-9211.
- Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on the deadline date specified on the posting.
- We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
- Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
- If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
- Website: cfhn.ca